Teacher ISASP Protocol Module Spring 2020
(Note - You might need your ear buds!)
MS/HS - Due by Friday, March 6th 3:30
Elementary - Due Wednesday, April 8th
***This protocol must be reviewed by all 3-12 teachers who will be involved with the ISASP.
On The Day of Testing
- Open your laptops and check the battery level, must be at least 75%. Plug into power supply if necessary before you begin the test.
- Make sure you are on the CRCSD wifi network.
- Quit any open applications
- Go under the Apple to FORCE QUIT, Quit everything except FINDER and TestTNAV.
- Open System Preferences
- Disable Siri.
- In Keyboarding, Disable Dictation.
- Change Notifications in Do Not Disturb to from 8:00am - 3:30pm.
- Set screen savers to NEVER.
- Change desktop wallpaper to a static picture that does not change.
- (NEW) In Energy Saver, Click on BATTERY, move slider to "Turn display off after 1 hour".
- Close System Preferences.
- Open TestNav and make sure Iowa* is listed at the top.
- Run an App Check. Fix issues.
- Return to TestNav login page and wait for your proctor to give you instructions.
*NOTE: If you have a student who has used TESTNAV to take an AIMS Web assessment, they will have to switch to the Iowa Assessment: Switching from AIMS WEB to Iowa Assessments - video.
Arrange desks in each room where testing will occur so that students cannot see each other’s papers or computer screens. Remove or cover any teaching aids on the walls.
- Make sure that students disable the above settings.
- Make sure a test session has been created for the test you are about to proctor.
- Have students open TestNav and make sure IOWA is listed at the top.
- Have students run App Check.
- Have students return to the TestNav Login Page.
- Have the student test ticket/login credentials printed and available.
- Distribute login credentials to students.
- Sit in a position that enables you to monitor student screens at a glance.
- Remind students about the need for scrolling to read all portions of the tests.
- Remind students about the importance of doing their best on the tests, not only for themselves but for our school as well.
- Have students log in using the test/login ticket credentials.
- Read the Teacher Directions for Administering the Test available to all students.
- NEW - If a student times out of the test or you have to resume a test for whatever reason: How to Resume a Student Test
- OPTIONAL - have students raise hand before submitting to be certain all questions have been answered.
- OPTIONAL - on the provided roster, write down any score the system may share.
MS/HS Teachers: Please fill out this ISASP Makeup Tests Spreadsheet with the names of students who were missing on the day of testing.
- Test Administrator Manual
- Accessibility and Accommodations Manual
- User Role Matrix
- Sessions Basics
- Setting Up a Test Session
- Monitoring or Changing Student Test Status
- Teacher Directions for Administering the Test - This is the script you will read to students on the day of testing prior to taking the test.
- Training Exercise: Local Infrastructure Trial
- Managing Students in a Session - Note the modules in the top left drop down
- Monitoring an Online Testing Session - This module is a brief overview of the tasks you may need to perform while serving as a test administrator of an online test session.
- TroubleShooting for Online Tests - Tips for fixing issues.
- Infrastructure Test Training Video