Updated Return to Learn Plan 10.26.2020
Clayton Ridge Return to Learn Quick Facts
CR Volleyball Spectator Guidance
Clayton Ridge Volleyball Spectator Guidance
(Subject to Change)
- Players and coaches will wear face coverings when on the bench or around the school. Players will not be required to wear a face covering during competition.
- NO FANS expect Clayton Ridge students are allowed to sit by or behind the Clayton Ridge bench. All students are encouraged to wear a face covering.
- NO Clayton Ridge fans are allowed to sit by or behind the opposing team's bench to limit exposure as much as possible. Clayton Ridge fans should sit with their family.
- ALL FANS will be HIGHLY encouraged to wear a face covering inside the building. They will be for sale in the concession stand for 25 cents a piece.
- Young children need to be seated with their parents throughout the event. We thank parents ahead of time for helping to reinforce this expectation.
- Fans will enter through the event entrance. Fans will be asked to use hand sanitizer and to social distance as much as possible. The first row of seating will be unavailable in the gym.
- Seating in the commons area will be arranged for social distancing, based on the recommendation from the Iowa High School Girls Athletic Union.
- Concessions will be available, but hot food will not be for sale.
- Restrooms will be available and will be cleaned before and after every contest.
- DO NOT attend if you have been in contact with anyone who has had a positive COVID-19 diagnosis within the last 14 days, or if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19: fever > 100.4, cough, fatigue, aches, loss of smell/taste, sore throat, runny nose, nausea/vomiting.
CR Football Spectator Guidance
Clayton Ridge Football Spectator Guidelines
(Subject to change)
Seating: Face coverings will be HIGHLY recommended for fans to wear if sitting in the bleachers. It is also highly encouraged for places that are hard to social distance. Coaches, players and members of the team will be required to wear a face covering on the sidelines, but NOT on the field of play.
Concessions: Will be available before and during the game. We ask fans to stay 6 feet apart while in line.
Restrooms: Will be available for use and cleaned before and after the game.
- Accept personal responsibility for following public health guidelines.
- Sit with family members when able
- Practice safe social distancing when possible
- Abide by posted signage.
- Young children will need to be seated with their parents throughout the event. We thank parents ahead of time for helping to reinforce this expectation.
Covid-19 Help for Parents
How to talk to your child about the virus.
Hello Clayton Ridge Families. Sharing with you the following tips for parents about talking with your children to help them understand and keep safe during times of stress and illness. The linked Youtube video, "The Yucky Bug" was shared by the CDC and is a great resource for helping your kids understand recent events as they are unfolding. #StaySafe #StayHealthy #EaglesCare
A personal note from Mrs. Thomas, Clayton Ridge Elementary School Counselor:
"I know that social media has provided a wealth of online resources over the past couple of weeks. As I find myself at home thinking of all my elementary students, I decided to put together a page of social and emotional resources. (Please click on the attached link to access the resources.) Developmentally, elementary students will look to parents and caregivers for guidance on how to respond to stressful situations. When talking to children help them cope by staying calm, listening, and offering reassurance. I hope these resources find you safe and healthy. Take care and #EaglePride."
- Stay at home when you get the chance.
- Use your elbow when you sneeze or cough.
- If your hands touch things that others have touched, use soap and water to wash them off.
- Keep a distance from others when you go outside or travel from place to place.
- And most important of all, keep your hands away from your face.
This information was shared by Mrs. Thomas, Clayton Ridge Elementary School Counselor.
"Awhile back I saw a post that said kids should be writing about what is happening in the world. One day they would be able to recall what all has happened during these unprecedented times, and they would be able to share it with other generations to come. We truly are living history in the making. When I thought about our elementary students, I knew they could use some prompts in order to share what they are sensing around them and how they are feeling. So, I put my creative counseling energy to use to make a journal template. I hope you find this resource valuable. #EaglePride #CRCSDEagles"
The Yucky Bug by Julia Cook
Thank you to our elementary school counselor Mrs. Thomas for sharing these important resources.
- At Home Resources Learning for Students & Parents
- COVID 19 Parent Letter
- Continous Learning Letter From Mr. Wahls
- COVID 19 Counseling Resources For Parents
- Community Resources for Food Assistance
- At Home Resources for Learning
- Iowa Department of Public Health
- IDPH Coronavirus
- CDC Coronavirus
- Student Belongings Letter May 26, 2020
- Seniors Return To Building Letter 5 14 2020
- May Day Parade To Honor Students